There are 13 subjects including language subjects. Out of which a candidate can select 5 subjects. 2 language subjects are compulsory. The remaining 3 can be chosen as the candidate wishes. Except the language subjects, all the other exams can be written in English or Malayalam.
Minimum Age: 14 and Maximum Age: No limit
English, Hindi, Malayalam.
Mathematics, Science & Technology, Social Science, Economics, Business Studies, Home Science, Data Entry Operation (English ), Psychology, Indian Culture and Heritage.
It is to be noted that the candidates opting for Science and Technology, Home Science and Data Entry Operations groups will have both theory and practical exams
Highlights of the Course
- These exams are conducted by the National Institute of Open School, a central government venture, established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of India in 1989.
- Both the SSLC and Plus Two Courses can be pursued as correspondence courses.
- Exams are held during April and October every year.
- The qualification will be equivalent to SSLC and Plus Two courses offered by the State Government.
- Those candidates who successfully complete the course are re eligible to apply for and pursue medical, engineering, IT and other professional courses.
- This qualification is accepted by all major Indian Universities.
- Those candidates who wish to appear for PSC and SSC examinations, can do so with this qualification.
- The course can be successfully completed within a year.
- There are exam centers across all districts of Kerala and India. Those candidates who are living in the Gulf countries, can also appear for the exams at our Gulf affiliate centers in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Kuwait.