Early Childhood Care and Education
- There are three theory papers and a practical examination:
- Understanding the Child (Course Code:439)
- Early Childhood Care and Education - Principles and Processes (Course Code: 440).
- Organizing and Managing an Early Childhood Care and Education Centre (Course Code:441).
- The study materials for the theory papers will be sent via post.
- There will be five days contact classes for both theory and practical examinations.
- The model question papers of previous years will be sent via post.
- The examinations are conducted in every April and October.
- Kollam will be the main examination center.
- More information regarding hall ticket and examination will be made available by Universal Education Foundation.
- The duration of the course is one year. However, a candidate may complete the course within five years of registration as per rules of NIOS in force from time to time.
- The medium of instruction is English and Hindi.
- Self-instructional printed material will be issued.
- There will be Internal and external evaluation for certification as per details given below:
- Theory: 190 marks.
- Practical: 110 marks.
- The practical work will be evaluated internally.
- Minimum Age Limit: 16 years
- Maximum Age Limit: No Limit
- Candidates must hold an SSLC or equivalent pass certificate.
Highlights of the Course
- This course is conducted by the National Institute of Open School, a Central Government venture, established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of India in 1989.
- This course can be pursued via correspondence.
- This course has the approval of the Ministry of IHRD.
- Candidates can use the course certificate for embassy attestation also.
- Certificate in Early Childhood Care and Education will be awarded on qualifying in all the three subjects of the vocational package.